The Clan Pringle Association
The Clan Pringle Association was founded on Wednesday 3rd October 2012, when leading members of the Pringle family met together and held the inaugural meeting of the Association in the Pewterers’ Hall in London.
Founder Members of the Clan Pringle Association:
- James W. Pringle of Torwoodlee, the 14th Laird.
- Sir Murray Pringle of Stichill, 10th Bart.
- James B. Pringle, Sir Murray’s brother.
- Alastair Pringle of Stichill, younger.
- Andrew Pringle, Sir Murray’s nephew.
- James M. Pringle (website owner).
Current Clan Pringle Association Executive and Trustees:
- Chairman - James W. Pringle of Torwoodlee, the 14th Laird.
- Secretary (also Clan Chief & Patron) - Sir Murray Pringle of that Ilk and Stitchill, 10th Bart.
- Treasurer - Mrs Priscilla Dorman (nee Pringle)
- Alastair Pringle of that Ilk and Stitchill, younger.
- Andrew Pringle (Sir Murray’s nephew).
- James M. Pringle, Clan Pringle Association Website Administrator and assistant newsletter editor.
- William Leon Pringle III, North America Representative.
- C. Derek Pringle, North America Representative and chief newsletter editor.
The Constitution of the Clan Pringle Association - 2019 version.
Minutes of the inaugural meeting of the CPA, held on 3rd October 2012 in Pewterers Hall in London
Minutes of the 1st CPA AGM held on 27th June 2014 at Torwoodlee, Scotland
Minutes of the 2nd CPA AGM held on 10th July 2015 in England
Minutes of the 3rd CPA AGM held on 12th July 2016 in England
Minutes of the 4th CPA AGM held on 14th August 2017 in England
Minutes of the 5th CPA AGM held on 5th June 2018 in England
Minutes of the 6th CPA AGM held on 31st July 2019 in England & EGM
Minutes of the 7th CPA AGM held on 31st July 2020 virtually online.
Minutes of the 8th CPA AGM held on 31st July 2021 virtually online.
The Clan Pringle Association wishes to extend an invitation to all Pringles worldwide to apply for membership. Please follow the instructions below if you wish to join:
On Monday 18th March 2013 the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) became satisfied that the Clan Pringle Association had met the charity test, and entered it in the Scottish Charity Register. This means that the CPA now has charitable status under the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005.
Your charity’s registered name is: Clan Pringle Association
Your charity number is: SC043865
Your charity was registered on: 18 March 2013
Your principal contact address is: Torwoodlee, Galashiels, Scotland, TD1 1TZ
Your charitable purposes are: G - the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
Your charitable objectives are: To preserve the Pringle family's traditions, sites, artifacts and records and to study its history, culture and relationships with other Scottish families and similar organisations by scientific, genealogical, archaeological and other research and make the results publically available to interested parties. The work to advance the knowledge of Scotland's culture and heritage will be disseminated as widely as possible.
“To connect our family worldwide; to share, research and preserve it's history.”
- To raise the public profile of the clan and highlight the honour of the Pringle name.
- To promote Pringle history and to correct the errors of previous historians.
- To protect and preserve the historical sites that have been the home to Pringle’s throughout history.
- To conduct Pringle genealogical research and DNA research.
- To include the worldwide Pringle diaspora in the Clan Pringle Association.
- To provide a forum through which Pringle’s can contact and communicate with each other.
- The Clan Pringle Association and Board of Trustees was established, a mission statement was produced and Scottish charity status was obtained.
- A Clan Pringle Association North American Chapter has been established and is active and represented on the Clan Pringle Association Board of Trustees in Scotland.
- An authoritative website has been established which contains a great deal of information about the family, its genealogy, heraldry, branches, history, publications et alia.
- The foundations of Torwoodlee Tower have been stabilised and the tower is no longer in danger of collapsing.
- The Pringle Y-DNA Surname Project hosted by FamilyTreeDNA was established in 2009 and continues, now with 110 persons tested. Y-DNA testing shows that the family has four main branches, the most numerous being the Pringles of Stichill.
- The Clan Chief has been found through genealogical research and our DNA project. The Clan Chief is Sir Norman Murray Archibald MacGregor Pringle of that Ilk and Stichill, 10th Baronet.
If you would like to join our association and be added to our membership please use the instructions below.
Membership of the Clan Pringle Association is £15 per annum, per household. We have two methods of registering:
1. Online Electronic Registration method:
Send your membership payment to our CPA PayPal account,
by sending it to our Treasurer (via PayPal): You should click the box that the payment is from a friend, and there will not be a charge on the payee. If you do not have a linked bank account you can pay by credit card, in which case there will be a small charge levied by PayPal. STEP 2: Send us an email with the following information:
Please CC (carbon copy) the email to:
- Your full Name:
- Your Date of birth:
- Your full address:
- Your E-mail address:
- Your Telephone number:
- What are your reasons for joining?:
- Do you have any specific interests?:
- Are you joining our Pringle DNA Project?:
- Are you sending your membership payment by Cheque or PayPal?:
- Can we retain your data for membership purposes and update you about Pringle activities?:
2. Print and Post Registration method:
Cheques can be made out to the ‘Clan Pringle Association’ and posted to:
The Clan Pringle Association, Torwoodlee, Galashiels, Scotland, TD1 1TZ Please print and fill out this application form and covering letter and send them with the cheque. Please note that we cannot accept cheques in any foreign currency at this time, as our bank will only allow cheques or Bankers Drafts in British Pounds Sterling to be paid into our account. However, our PayPal account accepts all currencies.